im being watched...
- "Rainy day" - im the type of girl who never brings an umbrella no matter how bad the weather is. HONEST. i don't know, im just too lazy to do so. anyway, i was on my way to a friends house. coming out from my own humble abode, rain started falling and i quickly paced to the jeepney stop. a jeepney instantly pulled over. went in and as i was wiping off the little droplets over me the jeepney driver looked through his rear view mirror and said: "ba't ka nagpapaulan? magkakasakit ka nyan! kung ako boyfriend mo di kita papayagan lumabas ng walang payong." ("why are you walking in the rain? you might get sick. if i was your boyfriend i wouldn't allow you to go out without an umbrella.") all i could say was, "okay lang po tiyo, salamat po." *plus a heartfelt smile* ("im okay, thanks.")
- "Cellphone" - in front of the mall, while the jeepney's waiting to be full i pulled out my cp to message my friend that im on my way when a policeman leaned over the window and told me, "miss, wag ka masyado gumamit ng cellphone may mga sindikato ngayon dito galing manila nanghoholdap ng jeep." ("miss, don't expose your cellphone too much, a syndicate from manila is here targetting to rob jeepney passengers.") so while im keeping my fone back in my pocket i just replied, "ah...opo sir...salamat." ("oh, okay sir, thank you.")
- "That Guy?" - i was walking home loving the breeze of the cool wind in the morning, happily appreciating the blue sky when suddenly, on the corner of the street close going to our house an old guy smiled at me and said, "pauwi na galing trabaho?" ("coming home from work?"), i answered, "opo." ("yes.") and gave him a smile as well in return.
- "Cottage" - me and my bestfriend were in one of the cottages on a bar where we usually go to when we want to just sit back and chat. the guard was passing by when he saw us, he stopped by our cottage and said, "kayong dalawa lang? ingat kayo ha. nandito lang ako." ("is it just the two of you here? take care okay. im just around."). My friend and i looked at the guard and said, "opo sir! okay lang kami. salamat!" ("yes sir! we're okay. thanks!")
- "Tricycle" - just this morning, my dad went ahead of me so i decided to walk home from work *i always do when im alone*. besides, i didn't have enough coins for a tricycle ride. on my way there a tricycle pulled over calling me to ride saying the street where i live. i looked at him and said im just walking home, im not going to ride the tricycle. he said im on my way home too. come on i'll give you a lift. he was smiling so i did as well. and yes. i had a free ride home.
There's a lot more actually... i just couldn't remember anymore.
i wrote this stuff contrary to what most would feel about reading my title. you probably thought someone's stalking me or something. actually... it's not that. these are the simple blessings that i come to thank whenever i encounter one and realize it. you see? there are a lot out there, strangers in some way, but shows a little care for our precious lives. sometimes we see it, sometimes we don't. take a second to smile along the way when you come across someone and who knows, it might stick in their memory too.
blessings come in the simplest ways and means! Have a blessed weekend! : )
but be careful, sometimes they can be deceiving too.
>billycoy, yup... i know what you mean about deceiving. kaya nga sa dami ng na-encounter kong mga nakapansin sakin na unexpected, pili lang nilagay ko. haha!
>it was out of giving a natural response lang po tina. i still keep mommy's advice, "don't talk to strangers." hehe... ;)
uy! may quote ako ulit... akalain mo.. hehe...
some good things come in little packages... :D