2012 New York Spring Trends: Colour Blocking
|Color block dressing: J. Crew (from Stylist.com)|
Some of the tips on how to use this feature/trend is to:
Remember the Complimentary Colors.
- Team colors of the same family together. It will give that harmonious look.
- Keep warm tones like red and orange closer together as well.
- And to keep it simple, use a neutral colored shoe.
The next combi to try is to Mix It Up.
- Think contrasting colors like fiery orange with purples.
- Lime green, melon, with rosebud pinks, to give that jarring combination.
- And then contrast it yet again with your shoes, or your handbag.
So? Dare to be bold with colors this year? Just remember, if you can strut it, then go wear it! As long as you're having fun with what you're wearing, who's stopping you from showing it to the world....